During the holiday season I had the opportunity to attend a home decor workshop with Havertys ( you might remember this post ) – I’ve since continued incorporating some of the great things I learned at the style workshop when I make seasonal updates. Today I’m sharing a few of the exclusive tips I learned during the Havertys home style workshop.
If you’ve got guests coming over this time of the year, it’s a great opportunity to use the freshest fruits at part of your home decor. I’ve incorporated fresh strawberries and limes for a little beverage display in our living area, because lets be real – we sit on the comfy sofa for drinks & mingling, right?
Find my 3 tips for updating your home decor below.
Please know this is a sponsored conversation, but all images and styling opinions are my own!
My tips for Incorporating this season’s fruit in your home decor
- Add fruit to fresh florals– We can all agree that florals add a bit of life to a living space, right? Try adding limes to your floral arrangements. At the Havertys home style workshop we chatted about botanicals and the importance of having them as part of your decor. If you can’t have fresh ones try using dried florals. They are good all year ’round!
- Set drinks out for easy access and garnish with fruit – I’ve shown how to do this a few times ( for holidays – valentine’s & for out of town guests ). It’s nice to have drinks out in the open, plus it makes it easier on you as the host. I’ve made a Strawberry Spritzer to serve, thus incorporating fresh fruits. I’ve also kept everything contained on a tray so that when guests are finished the clean up is quick!
- Display conversational pieces – The Havertys home style workshop emphasized how important it was to use items that tell a story. For me, this happens to be a DIY floral arrangement on a stack of books. It’s not every day that you’ll see florals displayed in a berry basket and this arrangement helps tell my story. ( p.s. if you want to learn how to tell your own story make sure to check out the calendar below )
Now, you’re probably wondering, how can I attend one of these workshops? Well, you’re in luck. Havertys is offering a whole slough of decor workshops over the next few months. Simply use their store locator and reserve your spot ASAP. There are limited openings and this is an event you don’t want to miss!
• February 22 – Organization
• April 12 – Staycation
• June 14 – Decorating ABC’s
• August – Fan Cave
• October 18 – Style vs. Trendy
• November 22 – Rooms: Blah to Beautiful
For more information on Havertys workshops, visit havertys.com
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Havertys. The opinions and text are all mine.
The post 3 Tips for Incorporating This Season’s Fruit In Your Home Decor appeared first on The Flair Exchange®.