The holidays are in full swing and we’re so happy to be getting in the spirit of the season! This week we wanted to share with you a fun and lighthearted recipe for everyone to enjoy. Better hurry up and eat them before they melt away completely!
We’ve made our sugar cookies from scratch but you can opt for a pre-made cookie dough and still get delicious results.
The first step is to make the sugar cookies. You’ll need:
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
Powdered sugar, or flour, for rolling out dough
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Sprinkle the surface you’ll use to roll out the dough with the powdered sugar or flour. Move the dough around and check underneath frequently to make sure it is not sticking.
- Cut into circles, place at least 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet, parchment, or silicone baking mat, and bake for 7 to 9 minutes.
Now comes the fun part – adding all the decorations!
What you’ll need:
- Cookie icing, make sure to get different colors – white, green, black, orange, and blue. You can find this at your nearest grocery store or make it from scratch if you prefer.
- Marshmallows, for the snowmen’s heads.
- Chocolate chips for the snowmen’s face.
- Once the sugar cookies are out of the oven and cooled down, you can start by drawing the snowman puddle on the cookie. Use the cookie icing and make sure to draw an outline of the puddle first, then you can fill it in.
- While the icing is still wet, immediately place a marshmallow to one side of the cookie.
- Using the white cookie icing, ‘glue’ two chocolate chips for the snowmen’s eyes. Then use the same technique to ‘glue’ the mouth with another chocolate chip.
- Proceed to draw the scarves, arms, and buttons with the colored cookie icing. You can also choose to use rainbow chocolate chips for buttons.
- Let the cookies sit for an hour before serving.